Noticed your cell phone slowing down? Don’t despair. Cleaning house by deleting the following will have your phone flying again:
1. Old photos, videos, and text messages
2. Apps you rarely use (including pre-loaded apps or ones that run in the background)
3. Your cache
4. Internet cookies, history, and data
Remember to back up what’s important to you before deleting! If deleting stored items and apps doesn’t have a great effect on the speed of your cellphone, you might need to dig a little deeper. Most of these functions can be completed in the Settings menu:
1. Reduce the brightness of your screen.
2. Ensure software is up to date, but disable the “Automatic Updates” function.
3. Change your wallpaper from “live” to “static.”
4. Turn off Bluetooth or Wifi when you don’t need it.
5. Choose “Reduce Motion” in settings so that apps just pop on instead of using unnecessary effort and power to launch.